You want constant Power Supply in Nigeria? Ban Generators in Government Buildings and their residents





Ok, now that i've got your attention, I just wonder how many of us are on the same page or want the same thing for our dear country.
In a few days now, Nigeria will celebrate its 49th Independence Aniversary. Apart from the over 167 invites I have received on facebook and others (most of them at some club with club Nigerian artistes...) I wonder how many of these parties/shows/clubs are celebrating just because or are just seening this as a good reason to gather, make/spend some money or just show off (some of you all know what I'm talking about).

Anyway, I came acrross a 'movement' called 'The Light Up Nigeria Movement" and I thought to myself ' I hope these people have some wind in their sail so they can at least make this movement something that can get and hold the attention of the decision makers in Nigeria. Seriously, how can Nigeria be without Constant Power Supply? How can that be the generally accepted case for a country with the amount of recourses we have? I bet if tomorrow morning, people woke up and found they could switch things on and it worked, then go out for the day and come home in the evening and found there was still power supply, I'm sure people will be afraid to go to sleep and might even ring the 'powers that be to inform them of their mistake! Those kind of days don't just happen in Nigeria.

My question is 'what will it take? Who needs to get a kick off their backside? Why has it taken this long?'

Lagos state has recently began showing a major face lift and some people who have been out of the country for a long while might not recognise the streets of Lagos. As much as this is good news, I bet there are folks who just want to know when they can have constant power supply so they can make some money and move their businesses forward.

Remember when Nigeria did not have a steady telecommunication system? That now seems like a very distant history... Until constant power supply can be a norm in Nigeria... so many questions will still remain unanswered.

My suggestion... just like the topic says.... Ban Generators in Government Buildings and their residents...


PS: For all its worth, it might be a great idea to support www.lightupnigeria.org

No comments:

Post a Comment